Thinks 4.0

If you know me well, you've no doubt learned that I can't leave well enough alone when it comes to websites. After a while, I get this itch to update, upgrade, and generally improve on what I've created. It's actually quite helpful in learning HTML, CSS, and about widgets, which honestly confuse me more than diet caffiene free soft drinks.

Besides this site, I've created three different websites for various purposes at work. It can be quite frustrating at times when you can't get the code to work out, but once I crack the case, I feel an intense pleasure at figuring it out on my own. And I've become a bit more savvy with Dreamweaver and Photoshop, though I know I'm barely scratching the surface of the latter software.

Anywho, the fourth major iteration of These Are Me Thinks is up and running! I spent most of Friday evening fiddling around in Photoshop, working on a new banner format. I finally settled on what you see now. I always struggle with color combinations (even when it comes to matching my clothes each morning) and the end result lay in front of you. I'd like to hear some feedback.

Over the weekend, I'm making some tweaks to the code and reinstalling the rotating banner. I also hope to add a few more features that I will keep secret for now and reveal once they are up and running. And I hope now that the holidays have passed, I will be posting more regularly than I have been.

Share your thinks with me. If you read often and haven't commented before, now is your chance to tell me what's what!

Take care, all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, just wanted to let you know that your older posts link doesn't work. I watched the squid and the whale and I wanted to read your blog about it! As for your new formatting for the website, I don't really pay attention....I just like the blogs!

Bubz The Troll said...

I miss the Ansel Adams look already. But I suppose I could get used to ...Thinks, now in Amazing TechniColor!

Army said...

Advagounoush, I checked out the links along the right sidebar and they were working for me. Maybe it took a bit for them to make connections with the new template? Hmm. Anyway, just type "Tale of Two Movies" in the search bar at the top of the screen, and you'll get to that post. I look forward to chatting with you about the movie!

Robert, I appreciate your honesty. I want to see how this new look works, and I could very well go to a rotating banner of various pictures, which would certainly reincorporate the last one. I was feeling a bit constrained by the black and white shades, too!

Unknown said...

Actually, Chris -- I really like the color. Given what I know about you and having spent time in your house, you are not a monochromatic guy. Minimalist, maybe, but that is still reflected with this new look. I also like how the boxes look!

Have you read about how Blogger is now hosting domain names? Just purchase your domain name and do some tweaking (you'll find the how-tos on the Blogger News homepage) and you can take the "blogspot" out of your URL. I'm working on doing that now...

Army said...

I need to look into that! I'd love to have my own domain name, and they are usually reasonably priced. If I can keep the Blogger posting and editing interface, then it's a no-brainer for me. Very cool!

Kirsten said...

I like the new look. Your old one was great, and this one is great too. And of course I'm loving reading your blog!

I myself am getting lazy with my html/css knowlege since the new Blogger came along. Gotta work on that again.