Other-worldly

Caution: This post may contain some Lost spoilers. If you aren't caught up with Season 3 (that means you, Advagounoush), you will want to avert your eyes from the humorous post below. This post was also assembled on the same line that handles peanuts and other nut-like products. Tread carefully.

After I purchased my sleek sexy new laptop computer with a 17" screen, it ended up not fitting into the old laptop case, as I had suspected. It was the classic rectangular peg into a square hole conundrum... or some such.

Back to CompUSA I travel for a new bag. Let me just say that this industry is a money-making scamfest of highwayrobbery and jackdaw theivery. These computer bags cost kooky mad skrilla! It's a bigger heistjob than computer cables! It's like the $20 CD scandal of the 90's. Serially, you guys.

Anway, as I'm doing my shopping with my good friend Cliff Bigtime, this salesguy comes over to chat us up. We're riffing about the prices and the cutsie computer totes with pink accents, etc. The Salesguy asks me if I'm using the new lappy for business purposes, and I said, yes actually. And he's all, how's about a jiggy lil biz discount? And I'm all, heckyes!

Somewhere along the way, I realize this guy is a spot-on ringer for this creepy character on the TV series, Lost. A slow tingle ran up my spine. I'm being helped by Henry Gale!!! I'm being helped by one of The Others!!!


Cliff can back me up on this (that is, if you actually knew him). He had the same eyes, facial features, and very similar hair. Okay, he didn't have the bruises and cuts, but I think I've solved one of the island's mysteries. Henry somehow escapes to Ohio (via a pneumatic air tube?) to work as a CompUSA Business Retail Manager. I took my business discount, never revealing to him that I was actually not an Other as he thought I was. But as Cliff put it, I don't want to be thrown in a cage and fed fish biscuits either.

I wish he would have asked me to enter "the numbers" on my credit card. Too bad my number doesn't contain 4815162342... (sigh)

And if you didn't understand a word of this post, just laugh because it's funny, and be genuinely creeped out by the creepiness of Henry Gale.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So I got my nifty laptop bag from the Samsonite outlet for $20. Word.

Unknown said...

Oh, and I will read the rest of your post when I get home. I'm just in a rush and only got to read the first paragraph and wanted to comment on that before I forgot. So yeah. ;)

Unknown said...

Henry Gale is genuinely creepy!! I literally feel my stomach tightening into a knot when I see those bug eyes staring out of the TV. eek!

Bubz The Troll said...

Get a Targus. I have a Targus backpack for my notebook/laptop. Then again I'm not "professional".

Anonymous said...

Is no one hearing that YOU came face to face with Henry Gale??? It's not about the bag, people! (but, I will have to check out your suggestions...thanks!) LOL

Army said...

Seriously, Vicki! The bag is not the issue here... it's all about the brush with Benry!

Completely creepy, Allie. That guy is too perfick for that role and I can never watch him in anything again and not be blown away by his Gale-force performance.

Robert, the bag is totally a Targus, and I love it. My old bag - also a Targus - served me well. Hottiness!

Anonymous said...

DAMMIT. Here I am, a good friend, checking on my friend's blog, excited to see the red print...I'm about to read something interesting. Only to find out that the red print is forbidding me from actually reading your brand new blog. You'll be hearing from me tomorrow.

PS. No, I didn't read the friggin blog, but I did see the scary guy's picture when I scrolled down to write this response.